I have a relatively good life. I mean my father is messed up but other than that I have great friends, parents (excluding father), school. But to dance with passion do you have to have something tragic happen in your life? I mean I love dance but I can never convay emotion. Especially in jazz because it is all hippidy hoppidy happy kiddy stuff that I am not a fan of. I mean we just started our recital piece last week so I don't know what style it is going to turn out, but so far it's very sharp, a little seductive, maybe angry. Or at least it could be done angry and it would look good. Different but still good. I feel like I have more emotion in the little stupid moves I do in my kitchen than in the studio. And when I am on stage I am so thrilled, and my breath gets away from me! It is hard to convey anything else but worry that I am going to mess up and excitement that I am on stage! It is my favorite feeling in the whole world, being on stage! That is why I am going to be in the play nest year! A small part most likely, but I will be in it none the less. Getting back to the point, I think too much when I dance. And not in the good way. I think about the moves and it comes out looking practiced and...recital. Which I hate. I want to dance with emotion!
yours,
a dancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment