25.7.09

☂Bible Camp

So I said that I would tell you all about it today since I was overly tired last night haha. I still am a little tired but not nearly as much as last night! The first three days of camp our school group (the 5 of us + a nun from Lesotho) volunteered at LARSH. It was a lot of fun! We cleaned three different houses of their's in the city and did some yard work as well. Cleaning some of the mentally disabled people's rooms (or as they call them the "core members") was really interesting. It was kind of like we got to know them through their things. We actually did get to meet a couple of the core members but not many since the time we were volunteering was also the time that they were at their work places. The most memorable three were definately R, T, and RS. R loved authority and as soon as we met him asked who was in charge. He was hilarious! When asked why he wants to go to germany his response was "the beer". I was like "this is my new best friend:P"! T was so cute! She couldn't talk but she would sign things in her own way. Bowling, swimming, and clown all were signs demonstrated. And when asked who is the clown she would point at R who would promptly point right back at her! Their relationship was clear to all of us. T liked R but R would have nothing to do with her. haha. RS was one of the less serious cases and at a different house from the other two. He would ask us all questions about himself and tell us stories. He was in the Special Olympics! How cool is that!? He pulled out his photo album of people he knows and then after pulled out the one of him in Disney World. I have almost the same pictures as him only I am in them instead of him haha. After Volunteering we would go back to the school for our daily prayers and dinner and socializing with our sister school students. They are all so nice! Of course i got them all on fb and msn... or email for those who had neither. On the Wednesday night we went to this place on the river... wont mention the name or it will clearly reveal my location, and we went shopping and walked around. It was fun. We had more time to hang out with the others which was good! Then after that we went to an ice cream place (best in the city) and the people that own the place's son goes to our brother school and is in our grade so we took stalker pictures of him and said hi after everyone inside turned to look at us and he saw us haha. It was epic. On the Thursday we didn't go to our volunteer places. Instead we had a big presentation on human trafficking. It was really emotional. It really made me realize how close to home it is. We listened to some songs that are for this project some of our teachers are working on with local artists to raise awareness of human trafficking. They were AMAZING! I really want them but they haven't been released yet so ya. We are going to try to raise awareness of human trafficking in our school. That is our project for the year. I am also going to join human rights team at school... and newspaper haha. Mrs. G/J (could start with either) was back from Lesotho! She is such a sweetheart! She was newspaper leader when I was on it in grade 7 and she immediately recognized me. I was her fav of the week ^_^ We never went to bed on time haha. Mama woji let us stay up if we were quiet which rocked! We were tired but we held in there. We all got really close this week. haha between sam licking my face and having intense emotional talks with mama woji, alana, keanna and sam. It was awesome! On the thursday night we went bowling... glow bowling! even better! haha. Sam's shirt like showed up the rest for the glow aspect! I sucked so bad it was sad! Literally SAD! The Lesotho nuns kicked some serious ass even though it was their first time! haha. Yesterday morning it was just goodbyes:( I was sad to leave! It felt like home at that point! Mama woji is such a sweetheart and made us all cards! I am glad to be in my own bed but I think I would have loved it to be a way longer camp! I am sure the rest of us agree! Mrs. m cooked for us the whole week. For dinners anyways. It was great food! Props to her for doing it! At the second LARSH house we volunteered at they had a piano and f (nun from lesotho) and keanna serenaded us for a while on it! It was really awesome. Keanna fell in love with practically every boy we saw haha. Two very hot and german haha... guess why she now wants to go to germany:P
Songs of the week= every mj song! and unfortunately and fortunately at the same time ... "hands" by Jewel.  I think that that is all that needs to be said for now. I am sure I will remember more as the week goes on and post about it.
yours, a dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive