25.8.09

☂the age of no legends


   In response to jazz's post about how there are no real musical legends.
Me and S were talking about that just the other day. One of the things she teaches in her sociology course is that how the major events in a persons life when it comes to the world between the ages of 8 and 18 define their generation. Like the baby boomers are all known for the beatles, rolling stones, jfk's assasination, among other things. But looking at our generation, what defines us? So far what I have come up with is:
1. technology advances
2. facebook
3. mj's death
4. obama
5. the war in iraq
Some are good I have to admit but none of them are a "The Beatles". Most are about deaths and tragedies. I was going to put in there 911 but I was only 6 then so I dont remember it very much. There is yet to be a greatly inspiring leader in pop culture or anywhere else. I mean yes obama is the bomb but I am canadian and he has yet to have an effect on my country.

Where are the beatles when we need them?

yours,
a dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive