My whole dad's side of the family is very catholic and so when I was eight, just a few years after I met my father and his family, I was baptized and had first communion. I know now that I only chose to become catholic so that I would fit in better with my dad's family. So that I would feel a part of them. I never did. I am not catholic, although I have not said this to my father or especially my nana who would be heartbroken. I would hate to hurt my nana! I love her dearly! Anyways, my sister had no choice in becoming catholic. As many catholics dont since they are baptized at brith. She is now 12 and is trying desperately to convince her mother (the evil step-mother as it were) to let her put off confirmation because she does not feel ready or even sure that she is catholic... Of course there will be no learning about other religions so that she can make an informed decision. No she must get confirmed and that is the end of that. ahhhhh god it makes me so mad! She needs to make her own decision and yet her mother is pressuring her into it. EVEN IF SHE DOESNT BELIEVE! It's total bull if you ask me. But of course no one would because I would tell them that she should learn about other religions and what they stand for so she can decide what she believes. Instead of being suffocated by the catholic religion. Dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with the catholic religion, I just dont think it should be shoved down childrens throats when they are unsure about it!
yours,
a dancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment