Today we are changed. We go into grade 10 next year and although we are not done yet, we are half way there.
I know that I was a different person before this school. I was the person that I hate most. A bully and a "loner". I came to the school afraid and broken, not knowing anyone. I immediately made friends, one in particular that I was especially close to. I still wasn't the coolest but at least I was acknowledged. Still I was not completely happy. I was at least content though. I did have a few problems with people in the first two years. Rumors, fights, the usual high school drama. It wasn't until this year that there was no drama to be too concerned with, and all of my friends accepted me. I was myself, on some levels, not with everyone of course but with more than I have ever been with before.
People actually liking me is still kind of a new thing to me. I am always waiting for them to turn on me. It's probably why they sometimes do. I push them away. I am not very good at letting people get close to me because of how often I let that happen and got hurt as a result. But I am trying to change that. I have told more than one person things about myself I never imagined telling people a few years ago. And I trust them with the information. What surprised me even more is that it didn't even matter all that much to them. I mean even when I told people that my mother is gay it was huge for me but was pretty much irrelevant to them. It didn't change who my friends are at all. I am happy for that because that just tells me that I have picked my friends wisely.
I don't know what will happen next year. Maybe I am due for some more drama. Better not to jinx it though.
I really can't believe that in 3 years we will all be off to university, well those who choose that path. We will once again be the noobs on campus and we will yet again have to learn a new way of life. Some will like it better and some will wish for the past. All I know is that I am scared for it and incredibly excited for it all at the same time!
I am probably going to go to the local university but I really don't want to. My mother wouldn't be able to afford anything else without me getting a huge scholarship so I will be working hard to get one. As well as trying not to be too disappointed if my only choice is the local university. I really want to go somewhere ivy league. Preferably somewhere not in Canada. Something like Yale, Harvard, OR OXFORD! Which has been me dream since I was very young. Well mostly my dream revolved around getting out of the americanized world and experiencing something new. Seeing different cultures and living like them. Not staying in huge hotels that seclude you the the pretty exterior of the world. I need an adventure!
i decided to write this because I was bored and because I haven't written about myself like this in a while, when I used to do it all the time.
yours,
a dancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment